Citizens Homeowners Insurance
Your home is often your biggest investment, so it makes sense that your homeowners insurance should be chosen carefully.
When we write your homeowners policy with Citizens Insurance, we can determine the best coverage based on your specific needs as a homeowner.
Citizens Homeowners Insurance wants you to understand your policy and available coverages completely and reminds you that your agent is the best source of information when questions or concerns arise.
Citizens Homeowners Insurance Coverage Highlights
- Other Structures
- Personal Property
- Loss of Use
- Personal Liability
- Medical Payments to Others
Possible Additional Coverages*
- Debris Removal
- Reasonable Repairs
- Fire Department Service Charge
- Property Removed
- Loss Assessment
- Glass or Safety Glazing Material
- Landlord’s Furnishings
- Fungi, Wet or Dry Rot
- Ordinance or Law
*Limits and exclusions may apply. Consult your policy and agent to confirm your policy’s specific coverages and exclusions.
Citizens Homeowners Insurance Information
Who do I call if I have questions about my policy?
You should call your Condon-Meek Insurance Agent at 1-800-221-1964.
As a Citizens policyholder, you should be aware of the potential surcharges and assessments that may be applied to your current to renewed policy:
- If Citizens sustains a deficit because of hurricane losses or for any other reasons, your policy could be subject to surcharges, which would be due upon renewal, cancellation or termination of your policy. The surcharges could be as high as 45 percent of your premium or an alternate amount imposed by the Florida Legislature.
- Your Citizens policy could be subject to emergency assessments to the same extent as policyholders of other insurance companies, or a different amount as imposed by the Florida Legislature.
- Your Citizens policy is not supported by the full faith and credit of the State of Florida.
Please have your policy or claim number ready when calling the Claims Department.
Disclosure: Insurance policies can vary from carrier to carrier and from state to state. Not every policy Condon-Meek Insurance writes will include every coverage described on this page. Be sure to read your policy and check with your insurance agent for personalized policy information.